I have not posted anything in a while! We were lucky enough to get to spend two full weeks in Utah with our families for Christmas and New Years. It was wonderful! We got to build snowmen and go sledding, Tanner went snowboarding, and we had tons of fun with our families! Since we got back to Alabama, time has just been flying by! We celebrated my 23rd birthday the week we got back, and Tanner spoiled me by making me a chocolate peanut butter cake and getting me flowers! He sure is sweet, and I am one lucky girl!
We got to watch Alabama win the football national championship, which was a lot of fun! I haven't ever really been into football, but this whole Crimson Tide thing is contagious!
 |
| Kate's showing her Bama pride too! |
 |
| Sportin' our Bama shirts! |
Last Saturday Tanner and I enjoyed attending the Lego Expo in Birmingham. Lego clubs (I didn't know they had Lego clubs before this weekend!) from all over came and displayed the nifty creations they made with Legos. There were some pretty great set-ups! I think my favorite part of the whole day though was when we gave the lady at the front our tickets she looked at me and raised her eyebrow skeptically before asking (in a thick southern accent), "Are you gonna make it?!" When I told her I wasn't due for another month and a half, she told me, "Girl, shut your mouth! You look like you're 'bout ready to deliver!" I think the poor lady thought I was going to have a baby right then and there!
Here are some great pictures from the Expo:
 |
An entire scene from Star Wars -- the Ewok battle scene
(Tanner said it was very accurate. Sorry you can't see all the detail here!) |
 |
| Notice the large spaceship behind us? |
 |
| A huge war ship made entirely from Legos! |
The other great thing from this week was that Tanner built us some shelves for our garage! He had the day off on Monday, so we worked on getting them in and organizing our garage and other rooms. They turned out wonderfully! Now we don't have to move every bin to get to the one we want!
 |
| Tanner being tough and drilling boards to the concrete wall |
 |
| The finished product! |
 |
| And the newly organized shelves! They work great! |
We're definitely enjoying life, and we are so excited for our baby girl to come in just a few short weeks! We'll keep ya'll posted!
Trevor was looking over my shoulder as I read your blog and said, "Oh, I miss them!" I think we are all in agreement on that comment. The shelves look fantastic! I'm getting more excited each day, if that is even possible, to meet baby Kate!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too! We're pretty excited to meet Kate too ;)
Delete